- To learn and understand the working of the Mobile Financial Service (MFS) platforms to be developed by vendor and also provide the needed support and troubleshooting for the MFS Platforms. He/She is to work with vendor developers to guarantee a stable and reliable MFS platform that is competently scaled to support MFS growth. Finally, he/she has to become the expert on vendor MFS
- Work with vendor team to administer the MFS systems database and ensure all system databases are optimize at all times
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly backups of all databases and applications
- Perform and actively part-take in all software patch upload to be applied by vendor to the platforms
- Provide professional technical advice to MFS project manager to drive capacity expansion in the right systems
- Ensure and proactively fix alarms to guarantee 100% runtime of systems
- Conduct and perform service testing to ensure products defined in Field Routing System are working as documented
- Ensure system availability of 100% at all times
- Provide operations and maintenance support to the platform and ensure all system processes are operation at optimum levels
- Thoroughly understand vendor MFS systems and become the expert on how the application and databases function
- Escalate and report issues on time to Huawei for prompt attention. All issues reported are to be logged and tracked to ensure Huawei is in line with the Service Level Agreement
- Work with vendor to create a knowledge database to serve as a reference for quick resolution of issues
- Ensure trouble ticket system is used to generate all trouble issues for time to repair to be measured accurately
- Ensure knowledge on the project is well documented and added to knowledge database at all times
- Ensure the project is kept highly confidential
- Work with globally accepted processes i.e.: basic enhanced Telecom Operations Map and Information Technology Infrastructure Library at all times at the Joint Interface Control
- Ensure root cause analysis are collected from the vendor at all times when issues are resolved. This should be logged and added to the knowledge database
- Develop competency on the database, application and programmes to be able to interpret the snippets codes that vendor will use on the systems.
- Must have knowledge on database handling eg: SQL and Oracle
- Must be smart and process oriented.
- Should be easily adoptable to different mml and GUI interfaces
- Must know how to operate UNIX O/S and its variants
- Must be a good communicator
- Must have the skill of escalating major issues on time to superiors
- Must be a quick learner
To apply send CVs and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, 27th July 2012.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered for the position.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Terms: 12 Month Contract
Our client is has a mission to change the face of IT in Africa. With a presence in 21 countries; 17 of which are in Africa this company is looking for innovative, energetic and dedicated candidates to join their expanding team in Tanzania.