UAP Life is a wholly owned subsidiary of UAP Holdings Limited and is licensed by the Insurance Regulatory Authority to transact long term insurance business in Kenya.
The Company is building a team of professional personal financial advisors to deliver innovative solutions to the market and is establishing the Kenyan operations as a centre of excellence for distribution of life assurance, savings and pensions products.
Aligned to this strategic journey, we are seeking to fill sales management roles in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret,Thika, Nyeri and Kisli.
If you are interested in joining us and believe you have what it takes to succeed in this role apply for this position.
Reporting to the Sales Manager on a solid line basis and to the National Sales Manager on a dotted-line basis.
The Unit Manager is an independent contractor responsible for supervising the development and profitable operations of all personal financial advisors under his/her Unit.
He/she is responsible for achieving all production, persistency and agents’ manpower growth.
His primary objectives are to identify, select, recruit, motivate, direct, train, develop and manage the advisors under hisher jurisdiction.
Heshe will work with the advisors in hisher Unit and will advise and help them in all areas of: Planning and goal setting, Motivation, sales direction and achievement.
Heshe will achieve these by performing the following tasks:
- Build and maintain a sales force, according to the Unit’s manpower growth and development plan.
- Help advisors identify appropriate markets and marketing techniques.
- Ensure that advisors are professionally trained to sell and service the Company’s products and clients respectively.
- Assist advisors with setting, and reaching progressive, but accurate, sales and performance goals.
- Ensure that persistency of the Unit business meets the Company’s acceptable set standards.
- Support the sales teams by developing required value propositions and presenting the same to prospective clients.
- Conduct team performance appraisal/ competency assessment and development planning
- Motivate/ manage and guide the sales team to achieve sales and margin targets . Help strengthen excellent reputation for service and quality within the targeted market sector.
- Support management in the development of long range and annual business plans
Degree in a Business related field, COP qualified or progress in attaining relevant insurance or any other finance related qualification will be an added advantage with a minimum of 1 year experience in sales offinancial products.
The successful Candidates are expected to demonstrate high levels of the following key competencies
- Outstanding sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow successful sales team
- Leadership skills
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Excellent Presentation and Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and ability to manage team dynamics to achieve corporate and personal results
- Demonstration of Maturity, Reliability, Integrity and Discretion
- Good grasp ofthe financial markets and emerging consumer needs
If you are up to the challenge and meet the criteria set above, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job title ¡n the subject line so as to reach us by 20th July 2012.