Contract type: Service Contract
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and dispatch food and non-food items as per supporting documents;
- Maintain clean and pest-free storing conditions; detect any infestation of goods while on trucks and inside warehouse and arrange fumigation;
- Deliver goods on request against official and approved documentation i.e. Landside Transport Instructions (LTIs);
- Supervise loading and off-loading of food and non-food items and report any discrepancies;
- Report on the quality and quantity of the food and non-food items;
- Ensure proper stacking of food and non-food items at warehouse and ensure outdoor stock is properly covered;
- Maintain accurate stock as per stack cards;
- Ensure proper filing of waybills and other warehouse related documents;
- Arrange for re-bagging, reconstitution, weighing, and stitching of damaged bags at both port and warehouse;
- Participate at discharge of vessels at the port and issue waybills;
- Carry out periodic physical inventory and maintain hard and soft records of the same;
- Report on and, in consultation with others, take appropriate action for the disposal of spoilt commodities;
- Provide overall supervision of casual workers at the warehouse and basic training to tallying and casual labour;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of transport, administration, accounting, statistics or another related field. At least one year at G3 level or equivalent.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali language is a requirement.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures: