- To Manage the activities of the Projects Section.
- Manages the implementation of business focused projects by ensuring delivery of projects on time, within approved budget and specifications.
- Ensures Coordination between all parties involved in projects implementation and that Projects’ tasks and objectives are discussed and agreed with relevant Stakeholders.
- Develop reporting Tools and relevant KPIs for Projects monitoring and Projects Team performance evaluation against set targets and objectives.
- Ensures all completed projects are handed over to the responsible departments and all documentation is available and updated. Is responsible for hiring, training and performance appraisals.
Manages the Projects section to ensure the realisation of projects with respect to the scope of work defined, time and approved budget allocation and also manage Project documentation.
Manages the planning, coordination, implementation of projects according to specifications, time and budget and within the set management objectives.
- Follow up on Project plans and schedules to ensure timely implementation and according to specifications and approved Budget
- Ensure Projects’ Budget Follow up forms are Prepared and regularly updated
- Ensure coordination of all parties involved in Projects implementation
- Ensure regular and accurate reporting on Projects implementation according to Management and Departmental needs
- Ensure timely delivery by Contractors and Suppliers according to Contract terms
- Ensure Project specifications are adhered to by Contractors and Suppliers
- Organise follow up meetings with Contractors, Suppliers and Projects Team to ensure adherence to set KPIs and objectives
- Ensure handover of completed projects to responsible department
- Ensure Projects files are opened and regularly updated in appropriate project folders
- Ensure all relevant documentation is delivered by the supplier
- Provide Infrastructure Sites layout diagrams for MSCs and BSC sites prior to Projects implementation to external and internal requesters
- Organise Sites Surveys for sites to be submitted
- Give support to Planning Sections in BoQ (Bill of Quantities) and Budget preparations for Infrastructure requirements
- Organise for relevant quotations from Suppliers and Contractors
- Prepare Project Budget Follow up forms for Planning Board
Manages, develops and motivates staff:
- Oversees activities of personnel (i.e., hires, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary)
- Develop relevant KPIs for Projects Team performance monitoring and evaluation
- Ensures that staff is adequately trained
- Ensures that staff has necessary tools for projects implementation
Educational Qualifications Skills
- 8+ years with University Degree in Telecommunications, Civil/Structural/Electrical Engineering or IT; at least 5 – 8 years leadership experience
- 5+ years in Technical/Telecommunication Project Management with practical experience of Project Management
- Excellent knowledge of MS Project, MS Suite (Excel, Word, Visio). AutoCAD experience is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of technologies involved in networks, as well as connections to and usage of Internet system
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- Abel to operate in a performance driven organisation
- Knowledge of English
- High level knowledge; applies technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Exhibits good level of creativity and resourcefulness.
- Is able to guide and transfer knowledge to s/his team.
Deadline for submission is 1st Aug 2012.
Kindly do not apply if you do not meet the above criteria.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Viscar Industrial Capacity Ltd. is looking for a Manager – Technical Projects for one of the leading private telecom services provider in Kenya.
Title: Technical Manager
Location: Nairobi Kenya.