Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE)
The Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE)) Program Coordinator is responsible for providing overall leadership, guidance, coordination and technical support to IRC’s GBV programs throughout Kenya.
The GBV Program Coordinator will also coordinate IRC’s GBV programs and contribute to external coordination efforts and initiatives.
The WPE Program Coordinator will provide regular technical support and field-based monitoring visits to WPE teams working in Eastleigh, Dadaab, and Turkana to ensure that all interventions are technically sound, take into account international best practices, and are appropriately meeting the needs of survivors in target communities.
The WPE Coordinator will be expected to spend at least 40% of their time in Dadaab supporting the WPE programming.
- MA/S or equivalent in health (MPH), social science, humanities or other related degree
- At least five years of overseas experience, including substantial management experience in gender-based violence programming and at least 2 years experience in direct service provision for survivors of sexual violence and domestic violence
- Previous experience supervising and managing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods, community development and partnership
Full Job descriptions can be downloaded at www.rescue.org/careers
Please apply on or before July 13, 2012
IRC leading the way from harm to home
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.