- Chasing debt by telephone and email and reducing debtor days.
- Allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances.
- Processing and generating reminder letters and monthly statements to clients as may be agreed from time to time.
- Liaising with the sales and accounts receivable teams to resolve outstanding queries.
- Ensuring that all major accounts work to agreed order to cash cycle.
- Daily and month end reporting and account reconciliations.
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to nonpayment of invoices.
- Working to strict monthly and annually collections targets.
- To verify facts of all sales returns before passing a credit note. Ensure that all supporting documentations are duly authorized and factual before processing of a credit note while adhering to the policies and procedures of the credit department.
- Maintain records of all customers in a file (invoices, credit notes, remittance slips, copies of withholding VAT and any manner of correspondences with the customer) and ensure that the same is filed system and in order for ease of traceability.
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Good team management skills
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Sound decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Confidence using a computer
- CPA or a diploma in credit management will be added advantage.
- 2-3years experience as a credit controller
- Preferably a male between 28-32yrs
- The ideal candidate shall have previous experience dealing with high volume calling and hitting monthly targets.
- Previous experience of working in a finance department with exposure to credit control will be an added advantage.
Those fulfilling the requirements of the positions should email their application together with a detailed CV, indicating your availability via email to email@example.com on the Subject line clearly indicate the position you are applying for.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Job Title: Credit Controller (Contract)
Reports To: Finance Manager
Salary: Kshs: 30,000
The Credit Controller is responsible for chasing outstanding invoices to the company and plays a vital role in the cash-flow of the organization ensuring credit given to customers is monitored and controlled effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities