- Coordinate and develop program and curriculum.
- Take responsibility for becoming an expert in the technical field of solar technology.
- Lead classes at the ITC on this topic.
- Successfully deliver program fundamentals to ITC students through class lectures and “hands-on” sessions.
- Responsible for ensuring that every student grasps technology enough to safely work with electrical equipment.
- Help market the program to members of the community and also outside of community wherever possible.
- Work with community members to procure materials and build systems.
- Help community members with maintenance of systems when needed.
- A Degree/Diploma in Engineering(Solar Power Technology).
- Strong English speaking skills
- 2+ years related technical experience
- Knowledge of solar PV technology
- Ability to lead and teach a class
- Strong desire to work with people and teach important technical concepts
- Desire to help eradicate fundamental issues related to poverty within the community
This will be a full time engagement with initial 6 months probation period. Salary will be commensurate to performance.
Initial interview will be conducted in November, and the successful candidate will be expected to start work in early 2013.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
PUKenya is a non-profit organization operating in Mbita Kenya.
We seeks to recruit a self starter, self driven, self-motivated, technical savvy person to execute instruction of Solar (PV) system curriculum at the Island Technology Center (ITC).