- Knowledge of organization rules and regulations
- Understand the organization core values.
- Safe and responsible driving.
- Zero level of accidents and traffic incidence.
- Proper use of vehicle use.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintaining the set fuel targets.
- Careful driving office staff for official duties in the field.
- Make pick-ups to and from the airport.
- Manage the day – to – day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness before departure. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Photocopying of training materials and other office documents as requested.
- Ensuring all document on your vehicle are valid and reporting expired ones.
- Accurately complete and submit all necessary paperwork, such as inspection sheet of vehicle status, mileage sheets – Road log sheet, petty cash items, etc.
- Delivery and pickup of items, documentation ensuring accurate capture of what the item/documentation is, who requested the transport of the item, who received the item, and obtaining proper signatures.
- Keep assigned vehicles free from damage, in acceptable condition, and consistently clean in a manner.
- Employee must ensure that the vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use, and accept responsibility to report any damage or mechanical malfunctions that exist.
- Employee must accept responsibility for proper use and maintenance of keys, meaning that keys must be properly checked in and out.
- Be prepared and willing to work night / weekend shifts as requested and on regular basis.
- To perform any other duties and execute tasks as assigned by the Administration Assistant.
- Completed secondary education or O’ level.
- Holder of a valid and accident free driving license- A MUST.
- 5 years and above of experience in vehicles; class A, B, C and E.
- Holder of a recent valid certificate of good conduct.
- Recommendation from previous employer also an advantage.
- Good knowledge of routes within Nairobi
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office and outlook – A MUST.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Kiswahili – written & verbal.
- The incumbent may have to work odd and/or long hours at a time to complete special requests for projects.
- Commitment to the realization of team goals, objectives and targets.
Note: Please write- “APPLICATION FOR DRIVER” on the subject line of your email
Human Resources and Administration Officer,
International Institute for Rural Reconstruction,
Africa Regional Center,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
The International Institute for Rural Reconstruction is an international development, research and training organization with over 80 years of grassroots experience working in people‐centered and sustainable development programs in Africa and Asia.
IIRR is well reputed for its knowledge management capacity through documentation of best development-oriented practices, and is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate for the following position based at the Africa Regional Center (IIRR-ARC), Nairobi, Kenya.
Under the overall supervision of the Human Resource and Administration officer and the direct supervision of Administration Assistant for technical and day to day duties, the incumbent will be responsible for driving IIRR vehicles to transport persons and goods authorised by IIRR, from one destination to another in a timely, safe and cost effective manner according to International Institute of Rural Reconstruction policies & procedures.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.