- Working alongside the Media and Peace Coordinator to gather information on peace and GBV related issues in all the areas where PIK is working
- Compiling and editing stories from the PIK Implementing Partners
- Development and design of messages (visual and audio visual) in line with IRC and USAID Branding and marking procedures
- Cover events, take shots and caption the photos taken from PIK events
- Media tracking and monitoring for all events where PIK is covered
- Mobilization; organizing for press conferences and Media outreach for PIK and her Implementing Partners
- Prepare and disseminate press releases with guidance from the Media and Peace Coordinator
- Assist in developing PIK activity Messages for updating to the of the website and social media (facebook and Twitter) as per the schedule from IRC HQ
- Assist the Media and Peace Coordinator in coming up with briefing packs for all the media events including the Launch and the 16 Days of activism
- A degree in Development Communication and Media studies
- Training in Peace and Gender issues would be an added advantage
- Demonstrate ability to write good articles
- Ability to proof read and editing skills
- Design and layout of artworks for IEC Materials
- Photography and video shooting skills
- Video editing skills
- A pool of media contacts to rely on in getting coverage
Please apply on or before November 10, 2012.
IRC leading the way from harm to home
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Based in Nairobi, the Media and Peace Project Intern will provide assistance in documentation and media work for the USAID Peace Initiative Kenya project.
The Project Intern should have exposure in Media and Peace work and have a passion for gender equality.