- Issue course materials and books to students
- Buy /shelve college books and course materials
- Make certificates
- Handle student complaints
- Sitting in for front office personnel
- Typing work plans for Lecturers and administration staff.
- Record keeping and library stock taking (library codes, book categorizing).
- Handling library discrepancies for instance penalties upon late return of books, lost materials etc
- Induction program for new students
- Liaise with lecturers on new requisitions and make a follow up with management on the same.
- In liaison with the cleaner, ensure the library environment is conducive for learning
- Ensure discipline within the library room and its immediate environs.
- Any other duty deemed necessary by management.
- Library policies, procedures, methods, ethics and professional standards.
- Organization and structure of the l
- The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills;
- Decision making skills
- Team building skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to manage a library and its collection
- Effective verbal, presentation, communication and presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Posses’ cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Diploma in library and information science
- K.C.S.E mean grade C (plain)
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th of November 2012.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||