- Local Solutions – Our success comes from solutions created with the people we serve.
- Partnerships – Partnerships deepen our impact and promote empowerment.
- Results – Our work must transform lives and make them measurably better.
Position: Project Assistant
- Participate in, and facilitate workshops, trainings and meetings and also responsible for report writing, minutes taking and communicating to SAFE Coast project team(s);
- Undertaking all Target of Opportunity processes including scoping and development of Target of Opportunity proposals in liaison with the Project / MERL Officer;
- Support in designing a project filing system (soft and hard copies with back up) and participate in documentation to ensure documents and reports are accurately filed and kept up-to-date;
- Assist in ongoing design and implementation including collaborating with partners to adjust work plans and monitoring and evaluation plans as well as project closeout;
- Participate in developing program tracking tools including conceptual as well as results frameworks in line with SAFE Coast design and changing operating context;
- Assist Project Manager and Project / MERL Officer to prepare responses to requests from networks, collaborators and stakeholders and donors, governmental organizations, the media, and the public regarding program information;
- Assist in the verification of data from quarterly/monthly reporting tools (partners and direct implementation) and support its collation and analysis;
- Jointly with SAFE Coast team plan project supported activities;
- Raise program activity briefs for MERL related support to the SAFE Coast Team and partners based on approved work plans;
- Monitor implementation of SAFE Coast related activities both by partners and relevant agencies such as IEBC, Provincial Administration and security agencies among others;
- Track monthly reporting rates of activities by implementing partners and community participation and give feedback to SAFE Coast team;
- Assist the partners to conduct data tracking tools inventory and reporting tools and share report of the status to SAFE Coast team;
- Assist in SAFE Coast supported assessments, surveys and evaluations.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be assigned as from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in peacebuilding, international relations, political science, or related social sciences.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in providing technical assistance to democracy and governance/peace building and conflict management programs, mainly implementing community and civic mobilization and outreach campaigns;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (proven public speaking and communication skills) in English and Kiswahili, both verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and any statistical packages such as SPSS, Epi-Info and Stata and internet use;
- Prior work experience in the coastal region and familiarity with community strategies, structures and processes;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact successfully with a diverse group of individuals and champion a team spirit;
- Demonstrable ability to write proposals, reports, and procedures as necessary and design a filing system for storing documents;
- Demonstrable ability to write daily correspondence, maintain documentation, as well as complete required forms and familiarity with dissemination procedures; and
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times especially in relation to partner activities
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to forward their cover letter and curriculum vitae with three work related and traceable references to the Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state Project Assistant in the subject field.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Pact is an International non-governmental organization, which enables systematic solutions that allows those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and take part in the benefits that nature provides.
Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
Our three core values are: