ACTED is a non-governmental organization whose vocation is to support vulnerable population world wide and to accompany them in building a better future.
ACTED Kenya/Somalia is looking for an experienced self driven and a self oriented professional to fill the post of Asset and Fleet Officer to be based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Country Logistics Officer, her/his specific duties will include:
- Organize the allocation and daily availability of vehicles;
- Establish tools for vehicles follow-up: log books, technical check-ups etc.
- Ensure the maintenance of and undertake a monthly inventory of the vehicle pool;
- Calculate and check the monthly cost of each vehicle (fuel consumption, repairs) in coordination with the CFO
- Elaborate and follow a timetable of stock delivery for projects;
- Complete and file waybills ;
- Ensure administrative and custom requirements are adhered to
- Organize the installation of communication equipment: telephones, HF and VHF radios;
- Train staff in the use of such equipment;
- Ensure the maintenance and undertake a monthly inventory of communication equipment;
- Calculate and check the monthly communication cost of each base (telephones, e-mail, Internet), in coordination with the CFO
- Organize the installation of equipment: generators, solar panels etc;
- Train staff in the operation of such equipment;
- A Bachelors degree/higher diploma in Logistics & Transport Management from a recognized institution or related field.
- 4 years experience in logistics sector and at least 2 years in fleet management.
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong people management and leadership skills;
- Computer literate and with excellent I T Knowledge.
- Valid driving licence and certificate of Good conduct
- Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical management of an organization;
- Good public Relations with strong negotiation skills
Kindly note that due to the urgency of the position; CVs will be shortlisted on ongoing basis.
ACTED reserves the right to hire prior to the application deadline.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.