Position: F&B Services Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Reports to: Director of Operations
Scope of Position:
To plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of all the F&B outlets and ensure that there is adherence agreed budgetary limits and parameters of the law, particularly liquor law.
- To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages to the required standards.
- To ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems, including issuing against dockets, sales analysis, menu costings and cash checks.
- To ensure that restaurants and cloakrooms are clean and well maintained, that table appointments, including flower arrangements are impeccable.
- ensure that waiters are always correctly and smartly dressed, that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers.
- To ensure that barmen are well trained, correctly and smartly dressed and serve their customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- To ensure that room service orders are executed promptly and that they comply with the required standards.
- To ensure that room service colleagues are correctly and smartly dressed and serve their customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- To ensure that consumable and non-consumable goods are ordered, correctly stored and issued to the various F&B sections.
- To ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
- To ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all areas.
- To attend timeously to customer complaints.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all management colleagues, identifying areas for Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
- Identify development and training needs among F&B colleagues and ensuring that this training is effected.
- To ensure that regular stock takes are conducted.
- To prepare and submit on the required format all information necessary for budgeting purposes, timeously and accurately.
- To ensure that an effective table reservation system is in operation.
- To circulate throughout all restaurants, bars and banqueting departments, maintaining a high profile with customers and colleagues.
- To be fully aware of trends in the industry and make suggestions for improvement of the catering operation.
- To carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job Training is taking place to agreed standards.
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
- Diploma or degree in business management or tourism related field would be an asset
- 2 years of culinary experience in a 5 star luxury hotel environment
- Strong supervisory and communication skills
- Food Hygiene and Safety trained
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Leadership skills
- Inventory management
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Good organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and with outgoing personality who is very guest driven
Please send your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 8th April 2013 indicating the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.