Vacancy: Finance Manager
Fafi Integrated Development Association (FaIDA) is an NGO operating in Fafi District.
FaIDA has received funding support from UNHCR, NRC, IUCN, IRC and the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) under the Kenya Drought Recovery Program.
The project will support restoration of livestock assets and provide training to pastoralists in animal health, improved animal husbandry practices and marketing,project on environment restoration and Water and sanitation project
In order to implement the projects successfully FaIDA seeks to fill the positions to be based in Nairobi
- Financial Management in terms of monitoring and ensuring donor compliance and compliance to FaIDA financial policies and regulations on the implementation of accounting standards and procedures at all levels of the programs.
- Banking and reconciliation by ensuring close liaison with FaIDA bankers to establish the financial status of the country program; preparing periodic financial cash-flow statements and reports; ensuring regular routine reconciliation of bank statement verses financial records maintained at FaIDA and periodically liaising with respective donors on approved funds disbursed to FaIDA bank accounts
- Management of donor funds by extracting information from donor financing agreements and preparing brief statements on confirmed secured funds and potential funding for management action; ensuring that appropriate financial procedures and standards are implemented and monitoring in the country programme in compliance with donor requirements.
- Budgeting and forecast by providing financial and accounting supports to Program/Projects in regard to preparation of budgets for proposals due for submission to relevant donors and following up on approved budgets for program/projects to ensure adherence to donor contracts;
- Financial report management both narrative and written including preparation of monthly monitoring financial reports for project managers and Director;
- Leading and supervising operations and administrative staff members and providing overall leadership and management of general administration and IT support services.
- Liaising with Internal and External auditors and responding to queries, observations and recommendations.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other related preferable with MBA or graduate degree in financial management , CPA ( East Africa);
- 5+ years experience as senior Manager in a similar size NGO or company, overseeing multi-departmental responsibilities including Administration, HR and Finance;
- Responsible for program accountancy.
- Ensure that accounting files are properly followed up and identified.
- Responsible for accounting cashbooks follow up.
- Along with his/her Project Manager, supervise the financial follow up (expenses, cash forecast …).
- Responsible to ensure that donor’s rules and regulations are respected.
- Responsible to ensure that cash flow between Garissa and Alinjugur, is properly organized, planned and that all payment made by the local transfer companies are duly documented.
- Share with the Project Manager every information about Financial needs
- Participate in the monthly general planning of the program
- Advanced Knowledge and experience with Accounting and /or financial management software and MS office applications;
- Strong Knowledge of kenya financial tax regulations, especially those pertaining to nongovernmental or not for profit organizations;
- Strong change management, results oriented and decision making skills; Aware of and sensitive to working in multi-cultural groups in a post conflict setting
- Good presentation ,verbal and written communications skills with Excellent team building and staff development ,coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Knowledge of accounting softwares will be added advantage.
Other Skills Required
- Strong analytical skills
- Report writing and editing skills
- Good written and oral communication skills both in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal or non formal trainings
- Excellent IT skills and data treatment applications
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a CV and one-page cover letter outlining their motivation and suitability for the above position by email to email@example.com by 7th April 2013.