Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobilize and sensitize Hygiene and sanitation committees and PoCs of project areas on Personal Hygiene and Environmental Sanitation
- Mobilize and sensitize Communities on importance of safe drinking water and safe solid waste disposal
- Disseminate Preventive Health massages on safe hygiene and sanitation practice to targeted beneficiaries
- Conduct demonstrations on safe and appropriate hygiene and sanitation practices to project beneficiaries
- Participate in needs assessment and develop appropriate training curriculums based on specific communities needs
- Take lead in design and carrying out House hold surveys and other assessments for reporting purposes
- Maintain a close working relationship with MoH, MoPHS, DPHOs, Agencies and NGOs/CBOs and other relevant government departments
- Participate and take lead in project evaluation surveys with other actors.
- Lead other team members determine and plan on appropriate means of disseminating health messages and information on hygiene and sanitation.
- Distribution of hygiene and sanitation tools, equipments and other supplies to beneficiary communities and keeping proper records
- Proposal and budget development
- Keep a clean record of HYSAN items in the store and monitor movement in and out.
- Maintain a close working relationships with other projects within IRK, to ensure a more comprehensive [Integration] and harmonized approach towards programme implementation to maximize impact.
- Write comprehensive progress reports with facts and figures to illustrate developments in project implementation
- Put contingency measures for emergencies such as cholera break outs
- Undertake any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Diploma in Community Health & Development, Public Health or equivalent from recognized institution
- At least 2 years experience in implementing HYSAN activities with an INGO or UN.
- Experience in Dadaab will be added advantage
- Vast knowledge of HYSAN promotion approaches at community level and skills ie. CLTS
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of basic computer packages
- Capacity to plan, implement and manage a public health project
- Computer literate
- Excellent public speech skills [Fluent local Language]
- Strong community mobilization and sensitization skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- A team member and a team leader with excellent team building and team work skills
- Reduced prevalence of Hygiene related diseases
- Improved Integration between HYSAN and other IRK Programmes
- Clear established working guidelines for HYSAN Team
- Comprehensive reporting system
Send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Note: CVs will be screened on an ongoing basis and Interviews will be conducted STRICTLY in Nairobi office,only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Job Title: HYSAN & Sanitation Officer
Reporting To: WASH Coordinator
Staff Reporting: None
Base Location: Dadaab
Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
We aim to help the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Objective of Position
To enhance community awareness on best practices in Hygiene and Sanitation activities through participatory learning exercises with the community taking in to regard issues such as gender equality, cultural norms and WHO standards in Hygiene and Sanitation.
Duties and Responsibilities