- Ensure the Dosing machines in respective water points [source] are in good working order
- Take responsibility to report and counter emergencies such as cholera, diarrhea or HYSAL related illnesses with the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation. Distribution of NFIs and water purifiers
- Troubleshoot cause of water related diseases and emergencies as in case of bullet 2 above
- Provide weekly water quality reports and compile at the end of the month
- Take samples of water for further analysis [Biological] incase such need is required
- Update and maintain a clean Water Quality filing system
- Report to IRK soonest possible in case of any irregularity or activity that may/will compromise water quality and provide best ways of
- Behave maturely and reasonably and in a conflict situation all the times and solve disputes, confusion without taking sides.
- Take lead in identifying water shortages and ensure water supplied to PoCs either by trucking or otherwise is fit for consumption
- Provide any relevant information to IRK regarding Water quality and updates
- Expedite process of countering emergencies related to water quality
- Perform trainings on best ways of handling domestic water as well as simple methods of treating water such as boiling, use of purr and water guards
- Ensure adequate chlorine at water treatment centers
- Certificates/Diploma in Public Health, Water Engineering, Water Quality and community health or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Vast knowledge of Water Quality Analysis approaches at community level and skills
- Knowledge of Millennium Development Goals and their relevance,
- Not less than 2 years experience of WASH related projects (Preferably with in Dadaab).
- Good Project Cycle Management, reporting and documentation skills
- Experience in working in unsecure zones with knowledge in Standard Operation Procedures
- Knowledge of International and National Standards/policies governing WASH programmes i.e SPHERE and Water Act 2002
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English,
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and analysis,
- Experience of work with a team in a multi-cultural environment in emergency and development settings and good team leadership,
- Positive and ability to build consensus in problem solving,
- Able to engender credibility, confidence and respectability, and
- A focus on results, balanced with a sensitive and honest approach to people.
- Reduced prevalence of Hygiene related diseases
- Improved Integration between HYSAN and other IRK Programmes
- Comprehensive reporting system
Send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: CVs will be screened on an ongoing basis and Interviews will be conducted STRICTLY in Nairobi office,only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Job Title: Water Quality Analyst
Reporting To: WASH Coordinator
Staff Reporting: None
Base Location: Dadaab
Established in 1984 in the UK, Islamic Relief is an international NGO seeking to promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities.
We aim to help the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Objective of Position
To perform both Physical and Biological water quality analysis and recommend/report appropriately as well as ensure only water fit for human consumption is being supplied to the communities we serve.
Duties and Responsibilitieswww.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.