We are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill a Pastry Chef vacancy.
- Coordinate daily Pastry operations at our Hotel.
- Maintain and enhance our pastry products through creative development and presentation.
- Support/Coach/Lead & motivate pastry kitchen colleagues
- Ensure proper weekly & annual vacation scheduling of all pastry kitchen colleagues while maintaining the Hotels quality standards
- Promote Health and Safety at all times
- Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
- Maintain proper distribution & adjustments to culinary BEOs
- Liaison daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback
- Menu development for outlets/ banquets/ IRD
- Actively recruit talent to broaden our hotel skill set
- Meet with clients to discuss desserts, cake orders, etc. when needed.
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the Executive Chef
- 2-3 years experience in similar position
- 5 star luxury hotel background
- High volume banqueting experience
- Knowledge of sugar, chocolate work and wedding cake preparations
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Sanitation and hygiene certified
- Creative & innovative
Salary is negotiable
Please send your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 10th April 2013 indicating the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.