Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.
The Field finance and HR officer is responsible for managing the finances in the field site and assisting in coordinating human resource and personnel requirements.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to perform the following key duties.
- Receiving Funds from the Senior Program Manager and ensuring the safe custody of the funds;
- Manage the office petty cash account (cash box) and record the daily cash transactions;
- Receiving Petty Cash requests from program Managers and Coordinators and issuing of funds after approval from the Senior program Manager;
- Receiving approved Field Expense reports (FER) from program Managers and coordinators and compiling and reconciling FERs for the program;
- Assist project managers and coordinators in compiling annual budgets in their respective projects;
- Assisting the senior program Manager in the preparation of Request for funds (RFF);
- Assisting the PM in reviewing the monthly project activity reports, recommending any changes that may be required;
- Ensure that tight cash control, procedures and check are in place and followed as per SP financial guidelines.
- Process any human resource and personnel requirements for the field office and forward them to the HR office in Nairobi. This may include medical forms, leave forms, business cards, etc;
- Assist in the preparing and hosting the CORE teams and mission groups visiting the program;
- With a generous and serving spirit, assist co-workers to perform any tasks, duties or responsibilities for the benefit of the Samaritan’s Purse ministry;
- Perform any other duties as required in the implementation of projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- Experience in accounting
- Well versed in Microsoft Office
- Experience on cash flow management
- Previous experience with accounting software will be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate in English and Kiswahili
- Be of high integrity and faithful in all matters
- Hardworking and self motivated
- Ability to work under minimum or no supervision
- A strong Christian
- Book keeping skills
- Have a clean driving licence
- Have effective communication skills
Interested internal applicants should submit their C.V. only and an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 11th April, 2013.
Only email applications will be accepted.