Sportsview Hotel Kasarani is a three star Hotel located in Nairobi.
We wish to recruit a highly competent and self-driven person to fill the Accounts Assistant position in our Hotel.
The incumbent will prepare accurate and timely accounting reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing the cashier function; receiving collections from guests and other debtors and following up for outstanding payments and banking of the same.
- Effective monitoring of working capital assets such as petty cash, receivables, stocks etc. and ensuring that they are within pre-defined limits.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers (partners) of the Hotel.
- Management of the company bank balances and keeping track of all debtors and bank position; initiate funds requisitions whenever necessary.
- Preparation and payment of statutory deductions before the deadline on a monthly basis.
- Reconciling the cash book balance with the bank balance.
- Receive and verify all invoices as per the daily purchases report after approval.
- Assist and accord all relevance assistance during periodic audit of the Hotel’s accounts by external auditors.
- Follow up on daily sales reports from the bar and the restaurant.
- Monitor deliveries by ensuring the delivery register and invoices are updated daily.
Required skills and qualifications:
- CPA (K) / ACCA Qualified
- Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years experience within the accounting department of a hotel.
- Good working knowledge of accounting software specifically Fidelio, Sun Accounting System, Material Control.
- Flexible and able to work long hours during the busy season.
- High degree of integrity, confidentially and dependability.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle complex issues with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written as well as spoken formats, concisely and focused.
To apply, send your Application Letter and CV only together with your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12th April, 2013.