Job Title: Technical Operator
Reporting to: Production Shift Leader
The job holder shall be responsible for overseeing and operating the powder milling/mixing, Jarline or Sachet line process areas to achieve the set targets of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Global Efficiency (GE), and Quality, Environment, Health and Safety (QEHS) standards, within the established procedures.
- Ensure proper care and maintenance of machines through execution of daily operations and maintenance as per specified procedures on startups for the powder milling/mixing system, Jar line or Sachet line process areas
- Monitor the operating parameters of the process for continuity and efficiency of operations to realize the set production output targets of required quality standards. Oversee and perform product quality checks in process area [Quality at source]
- Oversee and comply to GMP standards through correct use of product change over procedures, sanitation of lines and equipment and maintenance SOPs
- Oversee and adhere to HACCP and participate in HACCP reviews
- Oversee and conform to quality procedures and SOPs
- Execute the process area production plan. Control process waste in process area and carry out daily stocks reconciliation and maintain accurate records
- Ensure efficient operation of equipment in process area
- Perform process area walk-abouts to identify problems & opportunities for improvement including system changes
- Actively participate in control of resource utilization and identify cost savings and plant improvement opportunities and initiatives
- Manage correct use of PPE and safety devices
- Adhere to all legislation and QEHS, policies, procedures requirements and regulations
- Apply and adhere to all safety acts, policies, procedures, SOPs and agreements. Be responsible for safety of machines/equipment, self and others
- Adhere to all environmental legislation, policies, standards, procedures and agreements
- Participate in formulation and achievement of Plant Vision, Production plans and Manufacturing KPIs
- Dismantle and assemble machines during shutdown under the direction of the Maintenance Controller.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the Production Shift Leader
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that the ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum higher diploma in Plant operation or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Technical knowledge and Expertise: Computer literate, First Aid, Analytical, Communication, Fork lift driving, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Confident, innovative and proactive and have willingness and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Energetic, enthusiastic and ability to multi-skill
- Strong Team Player with high levels of accountability, responsibility, honesty and Integrity.
- Proficiency in Ms Office Packages.
Please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com before 10th April 2013 indicating the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.