Duties and Responsibilities:
Management and leadership
- Line management of ICRAF’s five Regional Programmes: working closely with i) Deputy Director General -Research to assist with links/synergies with the Science Domains and global projects; and ii) Deputy Director General –Corporate Services to provide oversight on regional and country performance, staffing, administration and operations;
- Serve as a member of the Centre’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and participate in strategic planning and decision-making;
- Guide and support the capacity strengthening efforts of the Centre, including oversight of the Capacity Development Unit;
- Represent ICRAF at important global and regional fora;
- Carry out any other tasks related to this portfolio as may be assigned by the Director General.
- Guide the development and management of host country agreements in countries where ICRAF has a presence.
- Guide the Centre’s efforts to form and maintain strategic partnerships with relevant organizations for the delivery of Agroforestry Research for Development;
- Link partnering efforts with donor relations and resource mobilization activities at the Centre through the Programs Development Unit;
- Position agroforestry favorably for partners to expand and deepen their agroforestry agendas and capacities;
- Monitor and report internally and to the CGIAR Consortium, as appropriately, on matters relating to partnerships;
- Guide ICRAF on handling of Hosted Institutions and also assist ICRAF scientists hosted by partner organizations.
- PhD in agricultural, agroforestry, forestry, natural resources management, social sciences or a related discipline
- Strong professional affiliations
- 10 – 15 years of experience, with at least 5 years in developing countries, managing partnerships, Impact and administration responsibilities at a senior level.
- A good understanding of the role of partnership and impact assessment in a knowledge based organization
- Strong conflict resolution and track record in managing collaborative relationships with a range of partners, including the private sector, in the agricultural or knowledge based institutions
- Detailed awareness and knowledge of some areas of the global agroforestry research agenda.
- An established record of research achievements, including a substantive history of scientific publication
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication ability in English, additional language (French /Spanish) is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to foster and manage interdisciplinary, gender-inclusive and multi-cultural teams
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to make convincing presentations at high level
- Extensive familiarity with tropical developing countries and regions
- Demonstrated ability for decision making and follow ups.
This position is remunerated on international terms.
How to apply
- A motivational letter illustrating your suitability for the position.
- Detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone numbers and email addresses, and fax details if available.
The Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate “DDG-PR&I” on the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th April 2013