- Provide strategic and operational leadership for implementation of WV Ethiopia’s (WVE’s) extensive and complex grants program across the country.
- Manage a geographically and functionally varied team of grant management professionals on a day-to-day basis to ensure high-level grant targets are met on a timely and cost-effective basis, to donor, international and WV standards.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for the development and implementation of WV Ethiopia’s (WVE’s) humanitarian and emergency response programs in and out of WVE operational areas, including rapid response, recovery, mitigation, preparedness and resilience, all to WV partnership, Sphere, Red Cross Code of Conduct, and other international standards.
- Ensure that communities, FBOs, local institutions, government partners, and other NGOs are included during the planning processes to ensure programs are responsive to the particular field context
- Network closely with partner agencies, the UN, government and other global institutions to develop strong operational synergy, encourage innovative partnership and cooperation, and ensure maximum impact for the resources invested.
- Improve business practices in grant management through innovative approaches to building the capacity of both staff and the organization, looking at skills, practices, structure, systems, policies, strategy and approaches.
- Contribute to the strategic leadership of WVE as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- At least 10 years of experience in the development and humanitarian sectors in increasingly more complex and senior management positions.
- At least 5 years experience managing multi-sectoral development or humanitarian operations
- Successful and verifiable qualification in managing institutional donor grants both in development and emergency contexts.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- The ability to manage and work with a high level of complexity under constant time-pressure
- A high level of awareness of global, regional socio-economic and political issues.
- Strong empirical knowledge of the development sector, including generalist knowledge of development sectors, best practice approaches, and institutional donor expectations and standards.
- Strong empirical knowledge of the humanitarian sector including humanitarian charter, laws, standards, and coordination and response processes.
- Robust, flexible and dynamic people leadership and relational skills.
Will you use your experience in a proven emergency or grants operations field to further “life in all its fullness” for children?
For specific details regarding the position, please refer to the full description and apply online by the closing date 15 April 2013.