- Provide strategic and operational leadership for implementation of WV Ethiopia’s (WVE’s) extensive and complex grants program across the country.
- Manage a geographically and functionally varied team of grant management professionals on a day-to-day basis to ensure high-level grant targets are met on a timely and cost-effective basis, to donor, international and WV standards.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for the development and implementation of WV Ethiopia’s (WVE’s) humanitarian and emergency response programs in and out of WVE operational areas, including rapid response, recovery, mitigation, preparedness and resilience, all to WV partnership, Sphere, Red Cross Code of Conduct, and other international standards.
- Ensure that communities, FBOs, local institutions, government partners, and other NGOs are included during the planning processes to ensure programs are responsive to the particular field context
- Network closely with partner agencies, the UN, government and other global institutions to develop strong operational synergy, encourage innovative partnership and cooperation, and ensure maximum impact for the resources invested.
- Improve business practices in grant management through innovative approaches to building the capacity of both staff and the organization, looking at skills, practices, structure, systems, policies, strategy and approaches.
- Contribute to the strategic leadership of WVE as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- At least 10 years of experience in the development and humanitarian sectors in increasingly more complex and senior management positions.
- At least 5 years experience managing multi-sectoral development or humanitarian operations
- Successful and verifiable qualification in managing institutional donor grants both in development and emergency contexts.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- The ability to manage and work with a high level of complexity under constant time-pressure
- A high level of awareness of global, regional socio-economic and political issues.
- Strong empirical knowledge of the development sector, including generalist knowledge of development sectors, best practice approaches, and institutional donor expectations and standards.
- Strong empirical knowledge of the humanitarian sector including humanitarian charter, laws, standards, and coordination and response processes.
- Robust, flexible and dynamic people leadership and relational skills.
Will you use your experience in a proven emergency or grants operations field to further “life in all its fullness” for children?
For specific details regarding the position, please refer to the full description and apply online by the closing date 15 April 2013.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Director, Grants & Humanitarian Emergency Operations
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Your opportunity to play a role in directing operations in Grants and Humanitarian Emergencies and to be part of a leading organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty.
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The Grants and Humanitarian Emergency Operations Director will provide leadership to a team of professionals that oversee operations for a large and varied portfolio of government, multilateral and private grants, both development- and emergency- focused.
You will ensure the strong management of grants, donor relations and high quality deliverables.
You will be responsible for tracking progress of grants programs/projects implementation, ensuring that timely and appropriate support is provided to field operations and that the strong technical and financial reporting requirements/standards of donors are met.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational leadership skills in line with our Christian values and ethos.
You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.