- The principal adviser to the company on all matters related to security
- Responsible for the security policy making and implementation of all agreed security policies
- Liaison with the Kenya Police on all police matters concerning Kenya Pipeline • Liaison with the provincial administration at all levels on administration matters concerning the security of the Kenya Pipeline
- Responsible for vetting and checking of staff integrity in the company in liaison with Human Resource Department
- Responsible for vetting of hired/contracted security firms by Kenya Pipeline Company
- Responsible for the preparation and control of the security budget
- Responsible for protection and safety of company properties and assets
- Responsible for recruitment and training of all security staff in liaison with Human Resource Department
- Responsible for investigation of all reported cases and making recommendations to the management as necessary
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to give written and oral instructions to supervisors and external (outsourced) security personnel
- Must be able to work long hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work under own initiative and also as part of a team
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining security related issues
- Ability to empower security staff through coaching and counseling by emphasizing accountability and result oriented management rather than direct supervision
- Demonstrate professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional education, especially in the area of security
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulate vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in security related studies from a recognized University
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience from a large and busy organization five (5) of which must have been served at Senior Management
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below by
29th January 2014 enclosing CVs with full details of education
background, professional qualifications, relevant experience and attaché
copies of certificates.
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following vacant position.
Security Manager – 1 Post
Overall Job Purpose: Responsible for overseeing security operation in the company including safeguarding the Right of Way, company assets, employees and their properties.