- Ensure the preparation of the theatre room for a specific operation (materiel, table etc).
- Ensure that all needed medication are available
- Ensure quality of the sterilization process
- Ensure reception and installation of the patient in the theatre room, ensure all needed preparation are done outside of the OT (consent form, review anaesthetist and surgeon, hygiene, patient file)
- Ensure asepsis rules during all nursing cares procedure inside the theatre
- Assist the surgeon as a runner or scrub nurse if needed
- Ensure the patient is released of the OT in condition as per protocol
- Ensure pre operation and post operation patient care in collaboration with the surgeon, MD, COs and according to MSF protocols
- Ensure the explanation of wound care and medication on patients’ discharge
- Ensure follow up appointments are scheduled and explained to patient on discharge
- Observe and ensure that staffs strictly adhere to the internal regulation.
- Ensure the aseptic technique and respecting nursing procedure.
- Improve data collection and entry for the surgical activities collaborate with Surgeon and Anesthetist.
- Be familiar with the emergency and mass casualty plan, OT role
- Diploma in Paramedical with an extra training certificate in OT management
- 2 years’ experience in OT management in busy hospital.
- A minimum 6 months experience with MSF
- A significant ability for management validated by the hierarchic referent.
- English (fluent written and spoken) Arabic is an added advantage
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV to the HR department at MSF Switzerland via email MSFCH-Juba-FinHRAssistant-Nbo@geneva.msf.org latest by 7/02/2014 at close of business 5pm.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
MSF Switzerland (MSF-CH) is currently seeking to employ a qualified candidate for the following position:
Function: OT Nurse
Location: AGOK, South Sudan
Duration: 6 month
Main Tasks Include, But Not Limited to: