We are looking for a Secretary to assist the Peacebuilding, Democratization and Security Sector Reform Section in the effective and efficient management of development programs in Somalia as well as in organizing internal processes.
- Support the Head of Section in the management of the section processes, e.g. preparation and update of leave, missions and trainings, organization of meetings etc.
- Maintain and update the section’s contacts of implementing partners and donors active in Somalia
- Drafting, transcribing and processing minutes of meetings, memos and other correspondence.
- Providing logistics support to missions/trainings including making the necessary travel and accommodation reservations and appointments
- Managing the flow of information, communication and technology
- Organize missions and post missions actions, including providing logistics support
- Filing and keeping a systematic record of all projects, correspondence and other files including archiving
- Assist in preparation of tenders, calls for proposals and contractual documents
- Compile and update project related files and documents
- Assist in monitoring implementation of work-plan including project implementation (start-up events, deadlines, reporting)
- Follow-up with Finance & Contracts on timely payments, budget amendments and riders
- In conjunction with other sections, update the EU project database on a regular basis and assist in encoding contract data in the Common Relex Information System (CRIS)
- In liaison with Program Managers prepare relevant information, press releases fact sheets, presentation of activities of the section
- Assist in planning and reporting requirements of projects
- Any other assignment that may be assigned by the Head of Section
- Diploma level in Business Administration and/or Secretarial Studies (eligibility)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in secretarial management/administration – of which 3 years’ should be in an International Organisation or Diplomatic Mission (eligibility)
- Previous experience working with an international organisation would be an advantage
- Experience in development cooperation processes would be an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English (working language).
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills; Good IT skills required.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, national counterparts, donor agencies, other stakeholders and ability to adapt well in a multi-cultural environment.
- Personal initiative and ability to focus on priorities and meet deadlines.
- Open, flexible personality; excellent ability to perform duties with accuracy within a given deadline.
- A high degree of integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information is required
The position is open to nationals and residents of Kenya with a valid work permit (compulsory).
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and detailed CV in the EU FORMAT (compulsory) addressed to the Head of Administration using Delegation-Somalia-Recruitment@eeas.europa.eu by 8 January 2016, midnight and should have in the subject line “Secretary”.
Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted.