The Standard Group comprises of The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, PDS, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and reputable individual to fill the following position:
The Job holder will plan, coordinate, control and supervise the work of the Events Unit team to generate and meet agreed individual and teams’ volume against set annual revenue targets and to maintain excellence in customer service
- Liaise with Commercial Department to develop annual budgets for the Unit
- Develop creative concepts and pitching proposals for different brands
- Identify and negotiate with suppliers for all events this includes and not limited to county licences, artists, venues, merchandisers, ground crew etc.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to identify annual events for each platform
- Manage and coordinate all events details e.g. roadshows, activations, conferences, concerts, awards ceremonies, product launches, charity events etc.
- Hire, train and educate all casual staff on proper events procedures
- Ensure effective promotion of all events
- Analyse event performance and prepare reports for all stakeholders
- Establish systems and standards for regular assessment, monitoring and evaluation of the unit against the strategic aims and objectives
- Assist in the annual budget planning process and regularly monitor expenditures
Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in Commerce or business related subject
- MBA will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years in a relevant managerial position with a focus on event management. Media industry experience would be an added advantage.
- Creative and able to commercialize ideas
- Outstanding analytical, research, and presentation skills.
- Project experience in the areas of event management
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
If you possess the above qualifications and have the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current vacancies and apply not later than 15th January 2016
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.