Background: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in East and Southern Africa to improve the lives of livelihood-challenged communities.
It was first conceived and established in South Sudan over 25 years ago. AAH-I has Country Programmes in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia.
It brings over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
We are pleased to advertise the following vacant position:-
Job Title: Head of Health Sector
Location: Juba, with frequent visits to the field offices.
Job Summary: Under the overall leadership of the Country Director and direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, the Head of Health Sector will provide leadership and overall development and management to the health sector programme/ projects in the country.
S/he will provide oversight and guidance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Health sector programmes/ projects in the project areas in the Country.
In close collaboration with the Head of Programmes, s/he will be responsible for resources mobilization.
S/he ensures all donor and other programmes are reports are of high quality (accurate and meets professional standard) and are submitted timely.
S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing capacity building interventions in the counties of operation and promote a cordial and trustful relations with officials of County Health departments (CHDs), the State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and National Ministry of Health (MOH) are maintained.
S/he will represent AAH at all bilateral and Coordination meetings.
- Education: Bachelor and/ or Master Degree in Medicine and/ or Public Health Management. Advanced training in public health, community health, human resource development or a related discipline desired
- Minimum 10 years of experience improving primary health care systems and service delivery, increasing community participation in the management of services, and establishing mechanisms to strengthen outreach services;
- At least 5 years of experience in Leadership, programme management experience in conflict and/or post conflict situations or similar contexts. Relevant experience in South Sudan is particularly desirable.
- Proven ability to encourage health staff and motivate communities to contribute to improved health results.
- Demonstrated Leadership, Management & communication skills.Good writing skills (esp. reports and proposal).
- Ability to lead teams and to train others.
N/B: A detailed Job description will be on the website www.actionafricahelp.org effective 5 January 2016.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 4:00 PM on 15th January 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Submit a hard copy of your application addressed to Human Resource Department, Action Africa Help South Sudan AAH Country Office located next to National Civil Service Commission, Juba Nabari, Tong Ping, along Juba Regency Hotel Street.
South Sudanese Nationals are specifically encouraged to apply.