Regional Security Manager
Work Location: Nairobi, with travel to AAH-I field locations
About Action Africa Help International: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia.
It brings over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people, host communities and communities in urban slums.
AAH-I is looking for a suitable candidate who will provide technical leadership in regional security management.
The incumbent will support and assist national offices implement sound security practices into AAH-I operations so as to enhance the safety & security of all staff, assets & programmes as well as minimise operational risk.
S/he will lead in the optimization of organizational security and the mitigation of operational risks by working with the National Security Officers/ coordinators on security systems and mechanisms, for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and security.
The full Job Description is available on the AAH-I website: www.actionafricahelp.org
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Relevant undergraduate degree; and/or relevant work experience in the professional security arena.
- High level computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- At least 3 years’ experience in NGO or UN Security Management.
- Work experience in high risk area/fragile contexts preferred
- Sound knowledge of the security risk assessment process, security & contingency planning and crises management in the humanitarian context.
- Understanding of implementing Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS), or equivalent.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 27th January, 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.