Summary: Our client is seeking to hire a dynamic accountant keen to work in a startup environment and passionate about Africa’s growth, understands technology and wants to be part of a great growth story.
The responsibilities of the Accountant will include the following:
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
- Verify accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Prepare and submit customer invoices
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority
- Code, post and receive payments
- Prepare and coordinate deposit activities
- Perform all necessary account, bank and other reconciliations
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments
- Assist in month end reporting procedures
- Prepare and process employee expense reports
- Design, prepare, and maintain Accounting and Finance spreadsheets
- Review new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements and suggest revisions
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum Five years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent
- CPA (K)
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, including Quickbooks and spreadsheets
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature, ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area
- Ability to communicate effectively
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Accountant (ICT firm Experience)
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only