Job Title: Accounts and Admin Assistant – Fresh Produce
Report to: The Managing Director
Salary: 30k – 35k Gross
Our client is a Kenya-based, indigenous company that specializes in growth and export of fresh produce, targeted specifically for the European market.
They are looking for an accounts and admin assistant to assist in the day to day accounts operations matters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate reporting and ensuring proper records are maintained by reviewing general ledger accounts reconciliation and payment vouchers to ensure accuracy of accounting records
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Discuss financial performance with unit managers on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Managing the payroll
- Preparation of half year and year-end financial statements.
- Preparation and submission of all statutory payments are made on time.
- Creditors and debtors reconciliation
- Daily reconciliation of the suppliers accounts.
- Banking operations
- Ensure accurate allocation of cost to the correct cost centre’s
- Monthly stock count and valuation
- Maintaining fixed assets register
- Supplier payments.
- Cash-flow statements
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Payroll processing.
- Ensuring accurate and timely data capture and reports
Qualification & Skills
- Degree or a Diploma in a business related field (Finance / Accounting)
- Minimum CPA section 2 or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in accounting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software packages such as Pastel, Sage, QuickBooks
- Proficiency in accounting packages
- Suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity
- They should also be dynamic and a team player
- Should also have experience in internal auditing and in all areas of accounting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Have high good attention to detail
- The candidate must be very reliable and energetic
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accounts and Admin Assistant 30 – 35k gross) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 25th January, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.