Job Opening: Accounts Assistant
Our client, an engineering construction company would like to recruit an Accounts Assistant reporting to the accountant.
Key duties / responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant shall be to:
- Provide assistance to senior accounts staff
- Prepare and post vendor payments to the system including petty cash, Mpesa and cheque payments
- Post invoices by verifying and entering payables transactions
- Receiving and depositing funds, and executing cheques for payment of approved expenses
- Preparation and filing of backing documentation for all transactions posted
- Ensure timely payments for all suppliers and service providers
- Ensuring all payments are properly authorized, supported with proper documentation and filed correctly
- Preparing and submitting VAT and Corporate Tax returns
- Preparation and filing of monthly statutory deductions for payroll (PAYE, NHIF, NSSF, HELB etc.)
- Assistance with statutory and other audits at year end and as needed throughout the year
- Maintain accurate records and reconciliation of all accounts to ensure compliance with internal and external audit processes.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and annual reports such as intercompany billings and reconciliation between entities, general ledger review, fixed asset continuity schedules etc.
- Help develop and maintain the document filing system and accounting policy and procedure manuals
- Tracking of VAT input tax credits on purchases and VAT chargeable on sales
- Proactively looking for operational efficiencies and policy and procedural enhancements to improve internal control environment
- Special projects and analysis related work as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- At least 2 year of experience working within a finance and account department
- Good understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Minimum of CPA Part 2 or ACCA Part 1 or other accounting designation
- High Proficiency in computer software including Office (Excel and Word) .
- Enthusiasm for working in an innovative, dynamic and fast paced Start-Up environment!
- Experience in a construction firm is a definate plus.
Qualified candidates ,we welcome your application-cover letter and CV, send by email to: Frank@careermanagementcentre.com and cc email@example.com; before Friday 14th January, 2015, clearly indicating the position applied for
Salary offered Kes 25,000 Per month