Vacancy: Technical Advisor – Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
The Africa Capacity Alliance (ACA) is a membership organization currently consisting of 37 Member Institutions (MIs) across 12 African countries.
ACA is currently implementing a USAID supported program entitled Capacity Development Services.
The project works with 10 Kenya based NGOs and is aimed at strengthening the institutional systems of Regional and Local NGOs (RLNGOs) in East Africa to become efficient, effective, and sustainable organizations.
ACA is recruiting Technical Advisor – Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, who will work on this
The position holder will work closely with the other program staff to support the day to day activities of ACA in achieving the ACA Strategic Plan (2014 – 2019).
Key Performance Areas
- Coordinate management and implementation of the USAID supported Capacity Development Services Program
- Provide team leadership, management, and technical support to the implementation of the Research and Monitoring & Evaluation (R, M&E) programme area within the Africa Capacity Alliance strategic plan
- Provide oversight of ACA’s management information systems. Ensure reports generated provide information on the progress of implementation of the Strategic Plan (SP) and provide timely and relevant information to all stakeholders.
- Develop a plan for capacity-building on R, M& E for Member Institutions (MIs) and strategic partners.
- Participate in the development / review of a research agenda and liaise with member institutions on implementation
- Participate in Monitoring and evaluation of capacity development materials, initiatives and alumni follow up in the region and share lessons
- Undertake any other duties assigned to you by the Executive Director.
Key Performance Indicators
- Performance of the R,M & E Unit in attaining set targets
- Timely reporting to USAID on the Capacity Development Services (CDS)Program
- Quality of implementation of the CDS Project
- Quarterly reports and annual reports generated and disseminated to USAID, MIs and other relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Capacity building plan in R,M&E jointly developed with MIs
- Number of meetings with relevant stakeholders conducted and follow up actions conducted
- Documented Technical Assistance to stakeholders
- A Masters degree in Development Studies, Economics, Statistics, Public Health or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years experience in senior management position with relevant research and monitoring and evaluation experience, including at least 5 years working with health related programmes
- Experience in working with USAID supported programs and demonstration of application of USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in designing and conducting operations research and impact assessments and, preferable for health focused or health related programmes
- Experience in logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative and qualitative research methods)
- Proven skills in planning and implementation of M&E systems, training, development and implementation of M&E
- Facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, team player and effective communicator
- Demonstrated skills in report writing and presentation for vast and varied audiences
- Strong computer literacy skills in various MS office packages and statistical packages.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of oral and written French or Portuguese shall be an added advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally and internationally.
This is a senior international management position based in Nairobi.
A competitive remuneration package will be provided.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Expected Start Date: March 2016
How to Apply
The candidates who fulfill the above job requirements should send their applications to email@example.com with the following information:
- Detailed and current CV;
- Motivation letter demonstrating why you are the right candidate for this position;
- Contact information for 3 referees including their email and telephone numbers;
- Indicate current and proposed remuneration package.
Deadline for applications submission is end of business on Friday 29th January 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews by our office via email and phone.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ACA is an equal opportunity employer.