Background: The USAID Building Capacity for African Agricultural Transformation (Africa Lead II) Project is a five-year effort to support and advance the agricultural transformation in Africa as proposed by the African Union Comprehensive African Agricultural Development Program
(CAADP), while simultaneously contributing to the Feed the Future goals of reduced hunger and poverty, by building the capacity of men and women African leaders, institutions and stakeholders to develop, lead, and manage the structures needed for the transformation process.
- The establishment of institutional/organizational architecture to lead African agriculture transformation at the national and regional levels, operating at the highest level of effectiveness;
- The operationalization of capacity to manage policy change and alignment process; and
- The effective participation and leading when necessary, of Non-State Actors (NSAs) in the CAADP process.
Specific qualifications include:
- Minimum degree required in project management, procurement or development economics, management, economics, social sciences, or other related field of study
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated USAID experience in logistics and procurement fields ;
- Familiarity and experience with managing Donor funded participant training, and demonstrated knowledge of USAID travel and procurement regulations preferred
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict and ethical management skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office mandatory
- Fluent Swahili and English language skills required
- Regional & international travel experience
- Oversees and manages the logistics related to all meetings, trainings, workshops, conference, events which includes identifying & securing venue, lodgings, meals, local transportation and protocol for participants and/or international guest as well as organizing translation & interpretation services;
- Organizes and tracks all logistics related to trainers and/or consultants movements including schedules, accommodation and transportation arrangements, and resource materials;
- Responsible for overseeing travel arrangements for participants, consultants and staff including arranging flights, travel insurance, visa, per diems, airport pick-ups and drop off in a timely fashion in coordination with the Finance unit;
- Provides information and data to technical Team for preparation of per diems and travel advances for project staff and cash and check requirements to assist in developing activity budgets for workshops and events;
- Supports procurement team in procurement of training resource materials such as manuals, bags, pens, notebooks, banners, giveaways in coordination with the Activity team leader;
- Supports procurement team in preparing bid-matrixes and purchase requisitions for all training and event related activities;
- Coordinates with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Database Coordinator to ensure the proper dissemination and collection of data forms such as attendance sheets and evaluation forms.
- Prepares a final summary report of trainings and assessments of logistic arrangements for reporting purposes and planning;
If you believe you qualify for this job, kindly submit your CV and current and expected salary to email@example.com by January 26, 2016.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.