Exciting Career Opportunity for Chief Executive Officer
Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) is a leader in the safe use of public, animal, crop pest control products and protection of the environment.
They focus on building a quality world class comprehensive and sustainable capabilities of product stewardship of public, animal, crop and environment care.
They are seeking to employ highly competent Chief Executive Officer.
The CEO will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Association according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
The CEO will ensure the accomplishment of the Mission and Vision and the accountability of the Associations to its diverse constituents.
He/she will report to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the following Key Result Areas:
Key Result Areas
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an operational plan and organize all operations/administrative matters and regional harmonization of the AAK.
- Develop and expand contacts with other NGOs working in the agricultural sectors.
- Oversee marketing and research, monitoring and evaluation of the quality assurance of the Association’s operations and respond to internal control recommendations.
- Developing and recommending to the Board short term, medium and long term Strategies; Business Plans and annual operating budgets.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the AAK programs and services.
- Oversee the Human Resource best practices and functions of recruitment, selection, performance management, training and development, employee relations, health and safety and HR policies implementation while maintaining a positive corporate culture.
- Work with staff and the Board (Finance and Administration Sub- Committee) to prepare a comprehensive budget and secure adequate funding.
- Administer the funds of AAK according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization by ensuring compliance with all legislations covering taxation and withholding payments.
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of AAK.
- Ensure effective internal controls.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the Association’s people (clients, staff, and management), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate.
- Communicate and establish good working relationships with stakeholders (legislators, regulatory agencies, volunteers and representatives of the nonprofit sector) to keep them informed of the work of AAK and to identify changes in the community served by the Association.
- Overseeing the AAK’s legal, regulatory and statutory functions while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, policies and regulations.
- Works with the Board chair to enable the Board fulfill the governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board; its committees and individual Board members and help evaluate performance regularly while managing the Board’s due diligence process.
Education and Training
- A Master’s degree in Agriculture, Project Planning and Management or related field from a recognized University.
- Must have attended training in Corporate Governance and Board Competence.
- Knowledge in pesticides, IPM, Responsible Use of pesticides is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Project Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation highly desirable.
- 5 or more years of progressive management experience in a voluntary sector organization.
- At least 10 years working experience in a similar or senior management position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good understanding of the pesticide industry in Kenya is an added advantage.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills to create and maintain rapport with all Stakeholders.
- A financially savvy leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making.
- Should comply with the provisions of Chapter Six (of the Constitution of Kenya 2010) on Leadership and Integrity and more specifically should have a clearance certificates from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Clearance certificates from HELB.
- Must be proficient of computer skills and applications of contemporary ICT packages.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 22nd January 2016 to the
Sheer Logic Management Consultants
E- Mail: email@example.com
clearly marking –The position on the subject line
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Agrochemicals Association of Kenya (AAK) is an Equal opportunities employer.