An Airfreight Manager works to oversee a team involved with the transfer and shipments of goods via an air carrier.
Goods could be shipped via a charter or commercial carrier that travels out of commercial or passenger aviation gateways.
An Airfreight Manager will work for a Freight Forwarder on behalf of an Exporter.
- Achieve profit growth by ensuring team members meet their individual targets. Must also ensure that goods are moved safely and efficiently on behalf of an exporter.
- Preparing financial and management reports. This could involve liaising with transport, subcontractors, airline and customers. Reports will need to be submitted to a director or manager at a specified time.
- Strategy and planning – including the development of operational strategies based on financial budgets.
- Work to tight deadlines and so it is important that you can work under pressure on a daily basis and react to difficult situations, which may occur when deadlines look as though they may not be achieved.
- Carry out staff performance reviews in line with their company’s procedures as part of their management role.
- You may be required to carry out inductions or training of new personnel. Alternatively, you may have to manage the training of new personnel and maintain records.
Key skills and qualifications required
- Previous experience as an Airfreight Manager is desirable, but good administrative skills and experience as a Freight Manager in an area other than air, may be sufficient.
- Must have good problem solving and negotiation skills.
- As a Freight Manager – Airfreight Manager, you must have good teamwork skills and strong self-motivation.
- Good numeric skills are important.
- Good knowledge of geography to assist with the day-to-day movement of freight around the world.
- Good time management skills are essential, especially the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must be familiar with computer software programs eg Word, Excel, etc.
- Master’s degree in Business related field
Qualified candidates to forward their cv to email@example.com by 20th January 2016