The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to fill the position of Assistant Accountant.
- To initiate and prepare payments to suppliers
- Prepare monthly creditors’ reconciliations
- To process advances to staff
- To ensure proper filing and maintenance of accounting records
- To handle client and supplier queries
- To support project and annual audits
- To prepare bank reconciliations
- To prepare withholding tax certificates and submission of the same to the relevant parties
- To process VAT exemption applications
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and recommend on areas for improvement.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors’ degree and CPA II or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ post qualification experience preferably in an international NGO
- Excellent skills in Ms Excel and familiarity with accounting software, preferably Navision (MS Dynamics)
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://jobs.aphrc.org by 17th January 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi