We have a vacancy in our organization for the position of an Assistant Manager – Clearing and Forwarding Department.
The holder of the position will be reporting to the Operations Manager.
The suitable candidate must be:-
- A holder of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any related discipline from a reputable university with a minimum of second class honors.
- A holder of a Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding preferably from Bandari College.
- A holder of an East African Customs Freight Forwarding Practicing Certificate (EACFFPC).
- Experienced with more than 8 years of progressively more responsible positions in Logistics, Imports and Exports industry.
- Proficient in use of MS Office (Computer literate).
- 35 years and above in age
- Proficient in the use of KESWS, TANCIS, ASYCUDA, Simba Tradex, ORBUS and KWATOS systems.
- Conversant with both imports and export procedures and imports declaration (use of HS codes).
- Knowledgeable on various types of customs bonds and bonds processing.
- Experienced in logistics costing and preparing quotations.
- Conversant with East African Customs Management Act including documentation in sea freight, air freight, clearing and forwarding and shipping procedures.
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Highly developed teamwork skills – ability to work with others and embrace team work
- Ability to coordinate the C&F operations with a large team of diverse creative employees
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers and giving progress reports.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution – commitment to continuous learning.
To apply for the above position, please send a cover letter and your CV listing three references including your last direct supervisor and indicate current and expected salary addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
Ufanisi Freighters (K) Ltd
P. O. Box 980-80100
When applying on email put the job title of the position in the subject line of the email.
The closing date for all applications is Monday, February 1, 2016.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.