Job Title: Assistant Technical Support
Reference ATS 2016
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leading resourcing company that deals in E-learning, training, consultation and supply of learning devices through a consortium formed with key partners in Asia and Europe so as to generate a pool of reliable resources aimed at creating wealth for its stakeholders.
They seek to recruit an Assistant Technical Support.
The role requires one to enhance learning and education experience in Kenya by acquiring, maintaining and growing the portfolio by building sustainable business relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in system administration through setting up and maintaining wireless network and associated servers;
- Assist in Identifying and resolving technical and logistical obstacles for successful deployment completion;
- Support and configure end users on various standard and business applications;
- Install and configure new notebooks with the company setup image and standards;
- Repair hardware, software, and peripheral equipment’s in liaison with the vendors for service or major/warranty fixes;
- Proactively handle technical issues or likely problem areas related to IT management & escalate to line manager if need be;
- Taking users through a series of best practices as well as answering their inquiries and advising on proper use of hardware and software;
- Assist in conducting technical training and offer support to local technical and education personnel on application software/Classmate PC usage model and technical environment setup and maintenance.
- Good understanding of technical environment setup and maintenance;
- Ability to transfer knowledge by providing training on technical environment setup/maintenance and application software/classmate PC usage model;
- Ability to self-manage, multitask, work independently, effectively execute and deliver results;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology;
- Minimum 1 year work experience in deploying education technology in schools;
- Technical know-how in installation and maintenance of wireless networks;
- Knowledge in windows scripting, electronic curricula and educational software is highly desirable;
- CCNA/ ITL Certification
- Minimum of KCSE B+
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th January 2016.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer