Job Description: To strengthen their team, the company is looking to recruit an Associate Manager with consulting experience within the energy and environment space in East Africa. Developing logical problem solving models will be the core function of this position.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in consulting.
- At least a Master’s degree from a world-class institution, preferably in renewable energy, climate change, environment related disciplines including natural sciences.
- At least four (4) years of active professional experience in consulting within the energy access, climate change or natural resource management fields.
- Comprehensive understanding of the energy and environment actors including private and public actors within East Africa. Familiarity with development agencies (especially World Bank, DfID, GIZ and the European Union) operations, structures, reporting procedures and philosophy is essential.
- In-depth understanding of the energy access, climate change and other socio-environmental challenges in East Africa, including ongoing initiatives to address the same.
- Proficiency in computer applications especially MS Excel.
- Excellent oral and written command of Swahili and English languages.
Deadline for applications is on 6th February 2016
Applications to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2038”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2038, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
(1) cover letter describing your interest (please include your salary expectations / range)
(2) Your Resume (or CV) including references
Applications will be treated confidentially.
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.