Location: Kisumu, Kenya
We are a fast growing, high quality, professional audit & advisory firm, located in Kisumu, Kenya.
The role reports to the Partners / Directors and supervises Audit Seniors/Consultants on various assignments at any one time.
- Planning, leading, managing and supervising execution of external audit and other accounting / advisory engagements
- Assisting with the setting of budgets, pricing and deadlines and ensuring that audit and other assignments are completed within these limits
- Reviewing audit / accounting / advisory work and finally signing-off on delivery reports
- Regular meetings with clients to obtain updates on their business, discussing issues and presenting audit findings
- Interacting directly with Partners on matters related to client and engagement management
- Setting objectives (goal-setting) with the audit team, providing support and coaching for more junior staff, and giving them constructive feedback on their performance
- Training, coaching and developing Staff and Senior accountants for advancement
- Ensuring quality audit work and client service
- Communicating with clients as well as the internal accounting and audit departments of clients to ensure delivery of exceptional client service
- Establishing client relationships, anticipating client needs, responding their queries, being alert to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy
- Ensuring the set project recovery levels are met, audit fees are billed and collected on time
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CPA, ACA) with at least 4 years audit experience with a reputable audit firm, of which 2 years are in managerial capacity
- Strong business awareness and an ability to identify audit issues arising from transactions
- Strong leadership and business development skills and integrity within a professional environment
- Technically good knowledge of modern auditing methodologies, ISAs and IFRSs
- Good working knowledge of Kenyan tax laws
- Excellent supervision, communication and ICT skills (especially knowledge of VT, Quickbooks)
- An additional qualification in ICT will be advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task, be flexible and work under pressure
- Socially confident with good diplomacy and organisation skills
- Self starter with good analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Dedicated and hard-working
Send your application to: email@example.com
Your application should include a cover letter indicating your desire to work with us, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees.
Applications that do not contain current salary will not be considered.