Vacancy: Branch Manager
Our client is one of Kenya’s fastest growing banks with a network of 80 outlets and over 900 employees.
Over the years, the bank has developed a wide portfolio of transactional, savings, credit and micro insurance solutions to meet changing customer needs.
Their vision is to give Kenyans hope and a future, by listening and empowering them with relevant financial solutions.
In line with business demands driven by our rapid growth, we are looking for qualified, highly competent, talented and results driven individuals to fill the following key business growth and revenue generation positions.
The role reports to the Head of Business Development.
Job Purpose / Summary: The Branch Manager closely working with the Head of Business Development and Senior Management, manages the branch and offers leadership to staff in formulation and implementation of business growth and development strategies at branch level.
The job holder is expected to aggressively drive the branch growth and profitability targets by identifying, developing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead business growth and development of the branch, agencies and other alternative service outlets attached to the branch
- Manage and lead the branch team in achieving/ surpassing the set business targets
- Provide superior level of customer relationship management and promote the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation;
- Drive sales of all products and services at branch level through offering leadership and motivation to the sales team, sales drives , liaison with key relationships among others ;
- Manage and offer leadership to the branch team.
- Development of a high performing team at branch level through training, mentorship and special assignments
- Monitor and ensure 100% compliance to all the company policies, processes, procedures and other controls
- Lead in optimal utilization of people, financial and technical resources within the branch.
- Chair the Branch Credit Committee and ensure compliance to credit policy & procedures
- Budget planning and cost management ; Continuous evaluation of branch financial performance against budgets and taking remedial actions where necessary
- Promotion of Bank’s brand visibility and image: Being the Key liaison point with the community, participate in community affairs to increase the company’s visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities
- Initiate, nurture and ensure profitable business relationship and Partnerships with the customers, community and government structures.
- Any other role allocated by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- Possession of Professional Banking or MBA qualification would be an added advantage.
- At least six (6) years’ experience in banking environment, with a track record of success.
- Extensive knowledge of Banking theory and practice, Central Bank’s rules and regulations and procedures.
- Possess thorough knowledge of banking products and services and also a wider understanding of the general banking universe.
- At least 3 years managerial or supervisory experience with proven track record for delivery of superior results.
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills including oral and written communication skills, negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent leadership capacity including possession of strategic development, monitoring, execution and reporting skills (Have a strategic outlook).
- Business strategy implementations skills.
- Sales/Marketing skills
- Good presentation skills.
- Experience with cultivating business relationships and managing multiple priorities as a manager or unit head.
- People management skills
Salary budget: An attractive package is on offer
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you through an application to www.dorbe-leit.co.ke on the vacancy page before close of business 15th January 2015.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.