Our client is the world’s leader in the premium spirits industry and operates in more than 85 affiliates and 100 production sites.
They are seeking to recruit a Business Analyst.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for Business Planning and Performance elaboration for the Kenya affiliate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis of monthly Profile & Loss statement reporting
- Management of Marketing budget, Other Income Expenditure (OIE) and Non-Recurring Expenditure accruals
- Monthly,/Weekly/Daily Sales reporting for management decision making as well as into consolidation tool
- Monthly preparation of management team meeting presentation slides (where appropriate)
- Prepare appropriate analysis to understand business performance and assist management decision process
- Responsible for business partnering with functional departments and supporting Finance Manager and Managing Director in the Latest Estimates/Budget/Strategic Planning Process
- Provide analysis to manage performance vs appropriate comparator
- Provide detailed analysis of Marketing Budget – liase with marketing teams monthly understanding actual spend, commitments and accruals comparing these to budget and Latest Estimate Working with budget holders to define spend per activity and BMC during budget and Latest Estimate preparation as well as preparing any relevant and ad hoc reports
- Overhead costs, Other Income Expenditure and Non-Recurring Expenditure – liase with budget holders monthly understanding actual spend, commitments and accruals comparing these to budget and Latest Estimate’s.
- Rolling R&O forecast / anticipate risks and opportunities and validate them with relevant stakeholders
- Develop business intelligence reports according to BU management need and different stakeholders
- Create dashboards to provide insights in to performance drivers understanding to facilitate timely decision making
- Elaboration of business analysis reports / presentation; Budget, Plan, Estimate PowerPoint presentation supports and Monthly reporting comments for Holding Company and Regional Office top management
- Responsible of all Regional Office consolidation
- Lead the reporting process, control data ( P&L and appendices),including submission of P/L into consolidation tool and resolving all blocking controls
- Ability to manage risk and opportunities
- Experience in the budgeting process
- Review and follow-up of internal and external audit issues
- Organize internal trainings on Consolidation for the organization’s finance team on developments on consolidation tool impacting reporting
- Review of internal and external audit gaps affecting areas of responsibility and proposing remedial plans e.g assist in LSF plans remediation for gaps in Marketing Budget and Overhead costs
- Liaising directly with sales analyst on analysis of commercial plans including tracking of ROI on promotions etc.
- Liaising with marketing including analysis on marketing initiatives
- Price list integrity in ERP
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or other relevant field
- CPA or CIMA or ACCA Qualification required
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Finance. Three (3) years must be in Business Analysis.
- Experience in the FMCG industry in Commercial Finance or Business Planning Analysis is preferred
- International Exposure will be an added advantage
- Experience in working with multiple functions within an organization (e.g. Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Verbal and written communication skills
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 12th January, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line.