Job Summary: Achieves consistent month over month revenue growth in the sales of waste collection services throughout Nairobi.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Works effectively and cultivates relationships with both internal and external customers. Interacts and works cohesively with the other sales and operational waste team members.
- Develops strong working relationships with facility managers and compliance personnel within the region. Maintains an open line of communication with the facilities to address any issues and ensure field support of the sales growth initiative.
- Develops relationships with existing customers and cultivates new business by identifying and targeting key waste generators and brokers within the market area.
- Maintains existing base business; identifies new waste streams and new base business customers. Targets and closes event business opportunities as they arise.
- Achieves or exceeds budgeted revenue goals for new business with waste customers in assigned sales territory. Work effectively with management and accounting to establish proper account pricing and react to changing market conditions.
- Develops comprehensive sales plan for assigned territory in conjunction with division sales plan and goals.
- Works in tandem with Technical Service Representatives to assist customers in every aspect of waste disposal process. This includes but is not limited to: waste profiling, proposal preparation, pricing, contracting, and providing regulatory updates.
- Maintains a working knowledge of facility permits and ability to accept certain waste streams so as to ensure environmental compliance while providing exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrates superior sales and organizational skills.
- Identifies local market dynamics, and defines and implements basic countermeasures to offset competitive campaigns, pricing deterioration, and/or changes to regulatory drivers.
- Assists in collecting receivables within contracted time period.
- Effectively communicates competitive and market information to management and assists in to business unit planning and strategies.
- Researches industry data and trends including material and product recalls to identify potential new customers.
- Maintains firm adherence to the management and control of confidential information.
- Provides timely sales reports and market updates as directed.
- Attends sales meetings and training classes as deemed appropriate.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the management
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
- Required: Diploma or equivalent industry work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years in sales experience (waste management experience not a must but most preferred). Sales experience A MUST.
- Strong working knowledge of the marketplace and customer base in the geographic area.
- Effective computer skills and ability utilize corporate IT tools to track customer leads, on-going business, perform sales tracking and reporting and market research.
- Ability to frequently travel to both customer and facility locations.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Age between 24-35 years.
Job Type: Full time
Starting Salary: 20,000 KES + Commission.
How to Apply
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “ 1966”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 1966, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.