Summary: Our client is looking for a Business Development Manager.
- Lead and coordinate efforts for acquiring new business for the company in its core areas of providing engineering, project management and Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management in infrastructure development in general with a focus in oil & gas and pharmaceutical industries related to these to these economic sectors.
- Lead the management and coordination of existing projects, those already identified and in the pipeline.
- Creatively and proactively identify new sectors to focus and associated opportunities for the company to pursue and turn the same into profitable income generating ones.
- Manage client and stakeholder relationships in existing and new company projects.
- Coordinate operations of the base business ensuring all the resources required are in place and that they are optimally sourced and deployed.
- Stabilise company income and earnings/income by identifying and driving (new and existing) commodities/products including but not limited to solar energy products, personal protective equipment (PPE), indoor and outdoor stadium and auditorium chairs, etc. as a profitable revenue channel to support the current technical services portfolio.
- Be an alternate to the CEO from time to time as may be decided by the CEO.
- Project manage the projects specifically assigned to the position and ensure that the projects/tasks are safely completed on time, within budget and that all the quality requirements are meet and/or exceeded.
- Work closely with other staff in the company and provide the required support to ensure that they meet their business plan commitments.
- Look for profitable work/project opportunities in the region, identify and recommend the best model of safely executing these projects.
- Develop cost models for each work and project opportunity that will ensure the company maximizes profitable revenues due.
- Lead and coordinate all the required ‘fit for purpose’ marketing efforts utilizing outsource and internal models which includes but not limited to effective and efficient use of audio, print and electronic media.
- Coordinate and manage all the legal, regulatory and compliance requirements to ensure the company trades and carries out its business in a fully compliant manner.
- A degree in Engineering.
- 5-10 years’ work experience.
- Experience working in the field particularly in remote/rural locations will be an added advantage.
- Experience in sales and marketing, project management/coordination will be an added advantage.
- Project management qualification and experience will be an added advantage.
- Firm and assertive but with excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong work ethic, professionalism and productivity driven mind set.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is a required.
- Valid driving license with at least 3 years of proven active driving experience.
- The job is field focus and the incumbent will spend a significant amount travelling to remote/rural locations to oversee projects, support distributors, and looking for opportunities.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Business Development Manager
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only