Position: Community Development Officer
The Catholic Diocese of Kitui – CARITAS in partnership with The Brooke East Africa, for animal welfare is currently looking for a Community Development Officer.
- Apply techniques and tool kits such as PRA tools to mobilize and engage effectively with equine owning communities in project areas to advance equine welfare
- Carry out needs assessment in a participatory way to identify knowledge gaps and appropriate training aids for the local community
- Develop work plans, facilitate implementation and formulate monitoring plans for the project in consultation with the Project Coordinator and field team
- Conduct trainings and provide technical advice to target project beneficiaries and project partners following needs assessment/expression of need
- University degree in either rural development, Livestock Production, Development studies, Social sciences or related fields from a recognized university
- Knowledge of basic animal welfare concepts and an understanding of the importance of working equines to the economies of developing countries.
- At least three years experience in community empowerment initiatives in pastoral regions is ideal.
- Must be a conversant with catholic social teachings.
Qualified and interested candidates should apply on or before 31st January, 2016 through;
Human Resources Officer
Catholic Diocese of Kitui
P. O Box 300, 90200
Or by email email@example.com
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.