with the responsibility of regulating and developing an efficient
capital market in Kenya.
Authority is looking for potential candidates who have focus for
results and are interested in furthering their career at the Authority.
Assistant Manager – Enforcement
Reporting to the Manager, Investigations & Enforcement, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- In liaison with the Manager investigations and Enforcement develop and implement the strategy for the section
- Review investigations reports and evidence on market violations reported and provide recommendations to direct enforcement of market rules and regulations.
- Lead and provide strategic direction to and management of the Enforcement function;
- Give guidance in the management and oversight of the enforcement program, policy development, the provision of policy advice and guidance to the Department of Investigations & Enforcement
- Manage the enforcement portfolio and enforcement case stream;
- Driving enforcement processes and ensuring completion within the set timelines;
- Ensuring satisfaction of the relevant targets of the CMA Performance Contract and Balanced Score Card
- Implementing various Risk management activities and measures;
- Ensuring continuous compliance with ISO procedures
- Development and continuous improvement of enforcement procedures and best practices on effective enforcement of the capital markets legal and regulatory framework
- Undertake any other responsibilities as and when assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Finance, Economics or any other related field;
- If a lawyer, an advocate of the High Court of Kenya, holding a current practising certificate.
- Otherwise possess a CFE, ICPAK, CFA, ACCA or ICPSK qualification.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Strong understanding of capital markets operations and potential avenues for breach of the of the Capital Markets Regulatory Frame work;
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan legislative system, criminal and civil proceedings;
- Strong skills in investigations e.g. interviewing skills and strong understanding of enforcement processes in addition to efficiency and objectivity in reviewing investigations and enforcement reports;
- Strong presentation and communication skills including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; and
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences;
- Knowledge of strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource management, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation;
- Ability to develop and implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviours and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives;
- Ability to empower staff by removing obstacles hindering the achievement of strategic objectives, focusing and deliver results and delivering what is promised, on time and within budget ;
- Ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and to transfer knowledge and skills;
- Ability to deliver results and to manage change.
Follow the instructions below to apply and attach a CV and a cover letter of not more than one page.
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to login to the E-recruitment Portal and follow the following steps to submit an online application.:
- An email will be sent to the registered email address
- Access email and click on link to activate your account
- Login and fill your details and attach required documents
- Apply for the advertised position under Vacancies
Note: Please upload a CV and one page Cover Letter only at this stage. No certificates or other testimonials will be required until interview stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“Capital Markets Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.