CMMB is a leading faith-based International organization with operations in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean; with the mission of improving global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships.
CMMB has been in operation for 100 years and 10 years in Kenya in the field of health care, Health System Strengthening, HIV & AIDS (treatment, care and support), Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) among others.
CMMB partners with communities and individuals in need in Kenya as well as agencies and donors in a long term strategic way to address the leading causes of maternal and child death, disability and illness through Children and Mothers Partnerships (CHAMPS).
CMMB is seeking to recruit a Field Officer to support the implementation of the activities of the Global Fund Program in Rongo and Awendo sub counties.
Duty Station: Migori office
Reports To: Program Manager
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the Program Manager, the Field Officer will serve as a team member and responsible to support implementation of Interventions under the Global Fund program within the areas of implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Field officer will support the implementation of the Global Fund program activities in the sub counties of coverage.
- Represent CMMB in relevant stakeholder’s meetings/forums within the supported sub counties.
- Support the M & E Officer to collate relevant data from the health facilities, the community Health Volunteers (CHVs) and generate reports and conduct routine data quality check.
- Prepare timely monthly, quarterly and ad hoc data reports from the area of coverage and submit them on a timely basis to the Program Manager and M & E Officer to aid in preparation of the main program report.
- Ensure the completeness of the monthly reports collected and the consistency of the information recorded in these forms and flag the reports identified to have errors.
- Conduct data entry of all beneficiary details from the report collection forms to the respective databases.
- Conduct data cleaning so as to ensure data quality in the database
- Do monthly data summary and forward to the Program Manager and the M&E Officer to aid in program implementation and decision making
- Conduct periodic analysis of the beneficiaries’ data and share with the team for use in planning.
- Liase with various Sub County Health Records and Information to ensure that program data is relayed to the DHIS
- Mentor other program staff in program modules data capture, summary and reporting.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- Diploma in Statistics/ Health Records/ Information Technology/Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized institution.
- Database design and maintenance experience most preferably in Ms Access and MySQL
- Data analysis proficiency in at least 2 applications; SPSS/STATA
- Strong electronic organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks under pressure and deadlines
- Must exhibit flexibility in time management and be able to work for longer hours to beat tight deadlines
- Prior experience in reporting in KePMS will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of HIV/AIDS programs
- Experience working in care and treatment, PMTCT and HTC programs will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of the local language.
Submit your CV, Cover letter, testimonials and three referees and daytime telephone to email@example.com to be received on or before Tuesday 12th January 2016.
Late applications will not be considered.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.