We seek highly motivated professionals with experience of creating and managing procurement within a corporate environment and with the ability to prioritize, manage and negotiate on contracts.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vendor Relationship Manager to join our ICT team.
- Evaluate potential suppliers using developed and agreed criteria to support alignment and understanding of the expectations and requirements of engagement.
- Manage the effectiveness of the vendors accordingly to ensure the achievement of business objectives and outcomes, performance criteria and targets are achieved, ensuring maximum value realized from suppliers on a consistent basis.
- Monitor and report on the performance of selected vendors to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics.
- Manage outward communication to vendors to facilitate understanding and awareness of organizational strategic direction, changes and challenges.
- Negotiate a comprehensive service provision that will deliver greater efficiencies for ICT products and services to the point of operation delivering business value.
- Act as a central point of contact and escalation point for vendor/stakeholder issues and coordinate, control and resolve issues/problems by devising alternative courses of action and contingency plans including innovative approaches.
- Ensure all ICT Services and products are supported by valid contracts and manage a portfolio of contracts by tracking contract milestones while liaising with procurement partners to review, report on and revise contractual agreements as necessary.
- Liaise with Legal team to develop and manage contracts with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets.
- Be responsible for the liaison between the Bank and designated ICT supplier(s). This will involve carrying out benchmarking and making use of supplier performance data to ensure that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed.
- Manage and implement vendor related contract extensions, significant orders, procurement, billing and undertake reporting responsibilities for these activities.
- Undertake strategic analysis, including research into suppliers, markets and product and service categories, to inform and develop commercial strategy and sourcing plans as well as focusing on continuous improvement of product and service provisions respective to budget where possible.
- Advise on policy and procedures covering the selection of suppliers, tendering, and procurement.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business related field/Supply Management from a recognized university with a Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies or Advanced Certificate in Purchasing & Supplies.
- 3+ years of procurement experience directly managing the IT hardware and software spend category within a large organization and with a successful track record.
- Strong ability to build relationships across functions and at leadership levels.
- Ability to aggressively take the lead on implementation of savings opportunities that affect numerous lines of business.
- Ability to clearly communicate strategy, plans and issues across the organization by developing business cases, presentations & stakeholder communications.
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number VRM/ICT/2016 by 10th February, 2016.