Vacancy: Computer Programmer (Oracle Certified)
Are you lady or gentleman; aggressive, a go-getter, independent, confident, smart, intelligent, willing to work without supervision?
Then this is the job for you.
A leading telecommunication service provider would like to recruit someone to handle Computer Programming.
Working closely with Java developers, DBAs, product managers and the quality team.
The successful applicant will fill a key role in delivering high quality, reliable data processing systems, extracts and retrieval APIs for a range of market intelligence products for the company.
- design, build and document new packages and stored procedures for data loading and processing;
- plan and implement database schema changes according to agreed timescales and software development cycle;
- performance tune SQL queries (100m+ of records)
- design and implementation of ETL processes;
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of Oracle, specifically PL/SQL packages and stored procedures.
- Use of version control tools (CVS, SVN).
- Strong performance optimization skills.
- Basic knowledge of Linux (navigation, simple shell scripts).
- Basic understanding of data of fund management and/or mortgage industry.
- Ability to accurately estimate and scope development and maintenance work.
- Experience with BI technologies and tools.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and big data techniques.
- Oracle upgrade experience (11g to 12c currently planned).
- Basic understanding of Microsoft SQLServer toolset.
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computing/Information Technology or related subject (e.g. Maths or Electrical Engineering). One must be Oracle certified.
The role offers excellent benefits and Matrix Solutions are committed to staff development and ongoing learning.
- Ability to develop web application.
- You should have wide and good exposure in computer programming with over 5 years.
- You should be very aggressive and analytical.
- You should be good with numbers and able to translate and come up with reports as expected of you.
- You should be good in record keeping.
- You should be a team player and able to work under minimum supervision.
- You should be young, energetic, ready to learn fast, innovative and knowledgeable.
- You should be aged between 28 – 40 years.
This position demands working long hours and flexibility.
Salary will be negotiated with the company depending on your experience and education background.
Kindly send your application with a short written testimonial of your greatest achievement (at Most Half a page) and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th January 2016.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be based in Nairobi.