Our client is recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and lollipops with operations in approximately 50 countries and distribution in more than 180 countries.
Job Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for Contributing to financial shaping and decision support by maintaining proper books of accounts and ensuring adequate controls and governance over business processes.
- Serve as Finance co-pilot providing accurate and timely information to support in decision making. Act as an internal consultant, creating an open environment in which excellent teamwork with other departments is fostered and which helps to improve procedures and flows of information
- Maintaining proper and accurate books of accounts in accordance with policy and coordinating the period close to ensure timely and accurate reporting. Ensure complete Balance Sheet reconciliation and review on a periodic basis.
- Supporting the planning process in preparation of Operating Budget P&L, Balance Sheet and Net Working Capital Targets and variance analysis against Actual and prior period.
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and implement necessary control procedures to ensure achievement of Company objectives. Instil Cost control and planning discipline to assist in managing costs.
- Ensure adequate controls by carrying out weekly and periodic compensating controls, coordinating IFCO reviews on a bi-annual basis and Periodic review of SOD violations from SAP.
- Coordinating both internal and external audits by providing information required and ensuring complete and timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Assist in identifying and employing interventions that will enhance the financial capability of the non-finance peers, including leveraging on SAP.
- Supervising two accountants and working on special projects as assigned by the Finance Manager
- Responsible for reporting problems with quality and food safety management system to the Food safety Team Leader or to immediate Supervisor/Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field (Master’s degree will be an added advantage)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in preferably in an international FMCG company
- At least 2 years’ experience, in managing an accounting department in a manufacturing environment
- Business co-piloting experience
- A working knowledge of SAP R/3
- Strong analytical and communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Good interpersonal and proactive approach
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Business Planning skills
- Financial analysis and insights
- Financial Control
- Financial processes
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke vacancy page before close of business 1st February 2016.